[webkit-dev] commit ownership and commit-queue

Eric Seidel eric at webkit.org
Mon Nov 29 07:29:48 PST 2010

committers.py serves a different purpose that the name-rewriting on
svn.webkit.org.

committers.py is about documenting all of the committers and all of their
various email address in one place, so that our tools can understand actions
in bugzilla, scm, email lists, etc. and associate them all with the right
committer.

svn.webkit.org has some special re-writing code which uses the list of
svn-authorized usernames.

If you want svn.webkit.org to attribute commits from the commit-queue to
you, those commits need to use your svn.webkit.org username (email) in the
ChangeLog.

-eric