[webkit-dev] Trouble running new-run-webkit-tests

W. James MacLean wjmaclean at chromium.org
Fri Nov 19 07:47:51 PST 2010

I'm trying to generate baselines for a new test, using the command

WebKitTools/Scripts/new-run-webkit-tests --new-baseline <test>

I have previously done (successfully)

WebKitTools/Scripts/build-webkit
WebKitTools/Scripts/build-dumprendertree

When I try to run the new-run-webkit-tests, it tells me that it cannot find
DumpRenderTree. It was looking in

WebKitBuild/

instead of

WebKitBuild/Release

where the executables actually were. After copying both DumpRenderTree and
ImageDiff up from the Release directory, I now get a failed test because
DumpRenderTree crashed, and the stack trace is full of messages like

DumpRenderTree[44776:903] Failed to activate fonts: blah ... blah ...

I am using the wrong work flow? Why is the build script putting executables
in one place wile new-run-webkit-tests is looking for them in another place?

James