[webkit-dev] XPath Issues?

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Wed Nov 10 06:21:29 PST 2010

On 11/09/2010 09:00 PM, Eric Seidel wrote:
> This conversation is heading in a dangerous direction... :)
>
> Allowing QXML parser support to be added to WebKit was probably a
> mistake.  Adding custom QXPath or QXSLT support would be another.

I agree with the first statement but disagree with the second. One of the
strengths of WebKit is the integration into the base technology (or whatever
you want to pick), we don't have to find the least common denominator to make
everyone happy.

On the other hand it is a pity that Nokia is so behind in many ways, they
should have had the engineering force to assist you and Adam to fix the XML
support with your new parser work. They should have the resources to go
through the LayoutTests and make QtWebKit pass more...

sorry for sidetracking the discussion a bit.

z.