[webkit-dev] Buildbots soon to require apache mod_bw

Gustavo Noronha Silva gns at gnome.org
Fri Nov 5 04:53:09 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 01:52 -0700, Eric Seidel wrote:
> This is a bad idea.  Please don't do this.
>
> Unless mod_bw comes installed in a normal Apache distribution, you're
> asking that *every* webkit developer install mod_bw in order to run
> the layout tests.

We already ask them to install python, perl, ruby, apache itself, php,
in some cases additional codecs and whatnot. An additional apache module
is not the end of the world, is it?

Having said that, it just struck me that we have a few php scripts that
are used by tests to cause intentional delays[0]. Perhaps we could use a
similar pattern for this case too, and avoid this new requirement.

Cheers,

[0] LayoutTests/http/tests/misc/resources/slow-png-load.pl, for one

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns at gnome.org>
GNOME Project