[webkit-dev] XPath Issues?

Alex Milowski alex at milowski.org
Thu Nov 4 06:28:00 PDT 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Alex Milowski <alex at milowski.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Alex Milowski <alex at milowski.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> WebKit currently applies XSLT to document source, not to pre-built DOM. This is different from Firefox, but in strict compliance to the spec.
>>
>> WebKit currently applies XSLT to a serialization of the pre-build XML
>> DOM.  As such, we have several bugs relating to cases where that
>> serialization is not the same as the data received off the wire.

Nevermind.  My mistake.  I should have dug further.

Yes, I see that in the case of XSLT via the xml-stylesheet, we use the
cached source.  In the case of the Javascript XSLT processor, that's
not the case and that's how we get differences.

Nevertheless, I don't see how the xml-stylesheet spec [1] says you
have to use the bytes off the wire.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet/

--
--Alex Milowski