[webkit-dev] JavaScriptCore export symbols

Lucas De Marchi lucas.demarchi at profusion.mobi
Mon May 31 18:01:58 PDT 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Kevin Ollivier <kevino at theolliviers.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to switch over to building JavaScriptCore as a shared library for the wx port, but one issue I'm hitting is the issue of export symbols. I was wondering how other ports handle this? I know Apple / Win and Apple / Mac have export

For EFL port (with CMake build system), there's an option to build
JavaScriptCore, WebCore, wtf as shared libraries. It takes out the
-fvisibility=hidden passed to gcc, so they will have the default
visibility (visible). For release builds, visibility=hidden is passed
to gcc, but there will be only one final shared library, the others
will be static. Users of this library may use only methods inside
WebKit/efl/ewk/* that are properly marked as visibility=default.

Lucas De Marchi