[webkit-dev] question about download vs. display for text/* MIME types

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Thu May 27 14:02:11 PDT 2010

On May 27, 2010, at 12:49 AM, allstars.chh wrote:

> such as  JAD of the midlet
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JAD_(file_format)
> mime type:text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor
>
> but in this case , the JAD will be threated as a DOM and loaded by webkit
> instead of triggering download procedure

The answer to the question of whether this is a bug or a feature is to find out what other web browsers do with files of this MIME type and also to check whether there are any standards that have anything to say about correct behavior.

The code is just a means to an end. Tthe first step is to find out what behavior we want. Then we can discuss how to change the software.

    -- Darin