[webkit-dev] Alt text not shown when AutoLoadImages is turned off

Joe Mason jmason at rim.com
Wed May 26 17:05:22 PDT 2010

I've noticed that when AutoLoadImages is turned off, the area where an
image would be is totally blank.  I'd expect to see the alt or title
text, and maybe a border.  George Staikos tells me that WebKit's always
done this, but he can't remember the rationale.

Is this by design? If so, what's the rationale for it?  (If it's not by
design, I'll open a bug.)

Thanks,
Joe