[webkit-dev] Building WebKit on windows for the first time

Ojan Vafai ojan at chromium.org
Wed May 26 09:30:31 PDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Brent Fulgham <bfulgham at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 5:17 AM, Frederic Gos <frederic.gos at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I'm new to WebKit. I'm trying to build it for the first time under
> windows
> > and keep getting errors. The linker seems to need absurd amounts of ram.
> > I keep getting an out of memory error from link.exe.
>
> This is a list for discussion of the design and development of WebKit.
>  Your help request should be made on "webkit-help at lists.webkit.org".

Isn't this a development of WebKit question? I thought webkit-help was for
web development questions (e.g. how do I fix my site in webkit?). This
question seems appropriate to webkit-dev.

Frederic, I think the problem you're hitting is a known issue with the
Windows release build. Building debug should work (i.e. build-webkit
--debug).

Ojan