[webkit-dev] webkit-patch, check-webkit-style and git now support --squash and --git-commit

Chris Jerdonek cjerdonek at webkit.org
Sun May 16 10:38:55 PDT 2010

Thanks, Ojan.

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 8:26 AM, Ojan Vafai <ojan at chromium.org> wrote:
> On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Chris Jerdonek <cjerdonek at webkit.org>
> wrote:
>>  In particular, --git-commit=HEAD.. should be just the
>> uncommitted changes (staged and unstaged).
>
> This one I'm a bit iffy on. Should this include the commit at head? I think
> it should.

Currently, when using check-webkit-style for example, I need to pass
--git-commit=HEAD^.. to include the commit at head.  In other words,
it operates on ranges like the above exclusively with respect to the
endpoint.  This is similar to how git-diff behaves and is described
here:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-rev-parse.html

Were you thinking about changing this behavior?

--Chris