[webkit-dev] webkit-patch, check-webkit-style and git now support --squash and --git-commit

Chris Jerdonek cjerdonek at webkit.org
Sat May 15 14:36:59 PDT 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Chris Jerdonek <cjerdonek at webkit.org> wrote:
> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Ojan Vafai <ojan at chromium.org> wrote:
>> There's a couple edge cases that are unclear to me. a) How do you upload
>> just the working copy? Is that the default? b) Does --git-commit=* include
>> the working copy? I think it should.
>

> For check-webkit-style, I believe all uncommitted changes used to be the
> default (staged and unstaged).  check-webkit-style also used to include
> unstaged changes when using the --git-commit syntax (now it doesn't).
>
> Personally, I think webkit-patch and check-webkit-style should include
> unstaged changes when using the ".." syntax.  I also don't think it
> would be important for the scripts to make a distinction between unstaged
> and staged changes -- in part because svn-apply does not behave uniformly
> in this regard.  In particular, --git-commit=HEAD.. should be just the
> uncommitted changes (staged and unstaged).

I also meant to add--

In line with my original suggestion, I think webkit-patch should default to
the uncommitted changes (staged and unstaged) only if there are no local
commits.  Otherwise, barring configuration settings that may override
this behavior, it should error out/prompt the user.

--Chris