[webkit-dev] Chromium Windows build with Visual Studio Express

Peter Kasting pkasting at google.com
Wed Mar 31 17:02:14 PDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Adam Barth <abarth at webkit.org> wrote:

> The "/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/Common7/IDE"
> directory exists, but there's no devenv.com there (presumably because
> I'm using Visual Studio Express).  What do I need to do to get this
> working?

Indeed, according to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hs24szh9.aspx the
express version explicitly lacks devenv.com.  According to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/xee0c8y7(VS.80).aspx , this utility
"provides for the delivery of output via standard system streams, such as
stdout and stderr, and determines the proper I/O redirection when capturing
output, such as to a .txt file."

Sounds like things may still build with devenv.exe but you won't be able to
stream the output somewhere?

PK