[webkit-dev] WebKit Icon license?

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Tue Mar 23 17:28:56 PDT 2010

On Mar 23, 2010, at 3:25 AM, Jeremy Orlow wrote:

> It seems as though we should at very least change the main icon on webkit.org
>  to match what is apparently the official webkit logo.  The icons
> for the Mac and Windows nightlies probably needn't change since
> they're run within Safari anyway, but probably the nightly source
> icon should change.  Anyone disagree?

There is no official WebKit logo, so I wouldn't make changes based on
that assumption. What we have is artwork that has been used on various
WebKit-related sites. It's certainly a change worth considering to
create and consistently deploy an official WebKit logo. A design
contest might be a good way to go with that, and perhaps it's
something we could discuss at the contributor meeting. But I would
suggest not messing with the visual design of the site in the meantime.

Even if we did have an official WebKit logo, it might still make sense
to have an icon on nightly.webkit.org that matches the icon of the
nightly launcher, rather than one that matches the WebKit logo. That's
assuming we don't add any nightly launchers with a different icon
(which would presumably occur if we had any that launched a browser
other than Safari).

Regards,
Maciej