[webkit-dev] WebKit Icon license?

Jeremy Orlow jorlow at chromium.org
Mon Mar 22 04:42:33 PDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:

> On Mar 19, 2010, at 8:40 AM, Dimitri Glazkov wrote:
>
> > Would you happen to know how WebKit icon is licensed?
>
> The icon currently on webkit.org has the icon for Apple’s Safari web
> browser in it. Because of that, Apple has provided no license to use the
> icon; we are continuing to use it with informal permission from Apple.

Given that WebKit has been more than just the rendering engine Safari uses
for quite some time now, I wonder if it'd be worth trying to come up with
something unique for the project.  One benefit would be that it could be
used more freely.

Anyone with graphic design skillz going to the WebKit meeting?  :-)