[webkit-dev] Web developer documentation - working with Mozilla

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Thu Mar 18 11:18:32 PDT 2010

On Mar 18, 2010, at 11:07 AM, Peter Kasting wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com>
> wrote:
> The documentation on Google doctype has quite a few errors and
> doesn't seem to have been updated for a while. For example, this
> test claims that Safari 3 does not "apply style" for the <a> element
> which is clearly wrong:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/doctype/wiki/AElement
>
> Many of the HTML element documentation pages have similar errors. I
> reported some of these errors nearly two years ago and many still
> persist.
>
> I don't have any connection to doctype, but it's a wiki, so it's
> possible to simply edit and correct pages directly, isn't it?

I filed issues on some of the problems I found in the issue tracker,
nearly two years ago. While it is possible to edit wiki pages, I
believe many of these pages are autogenerated in part or in whole, so
I'm not sure if it is safe to hand-edit. Also much of the incorrect
information is based on buggy tests that are kept in a version control
system, not in the wiki.

Regards,
Maciej