[webkit-dev] Web developer documentation - working with Mozilla

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Thu Mar 18 10:38:39 PDT 2010

On Mar 18, 2010, at 9:03 AM, henry.haverinen at nokia.com wrote:

> On Mar 17, 2010, at 10:06 PM, ext Peter Kasting wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 8:55 AM, <henry.haverinen at nokia.com> wrote:
>> We don't currently have any documentation for web developers We'd
>> like to start with best practice articles and tutorials for some
>> HTML5 and CSS3 features but later extend to the basics and general
>> reference guides too.
>>
>> This sounds like the mission of http://code.google.com/doctype/ ,
>> though I don't know how well that site achieves it.  I suspect the
>> maintainers would be happy for more content.
>>

> Thanks for the pointer! I need to look into this. I like the fact
> that the compatibility tables are based on real test cases.

The documentation on Google doctype has quite a few errors and doesn't
seem to have been updated for a while. For example, this test claims
that Safari 3 does not "apply style" for the <a> element which is
clearly wrong:

http://code.google.com/p/doctype/wiki/AElement

Many of the HTML element documentation pages have similar errors. I
reported some of these errors nearly two years ago and many still
persist.

Regards,
Maciej