[webkit-dev] Yet another email about a broken tree

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Wed Mar 17 10:30:20 PDT 2010

On 17.03.2010, at 0:45, Xan Lopez wrote:

>> Manual investigation confirms <http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/
>> 56079>
>> broke GTK Linux 32-bit Release, GTK Linux 64-bit Release, and Qt
>> Linux
>> Release.  Is there some reason we didn't roll out the offending
>> patch?
>
> FWIW this patch seems to only add code in the Mac port and a new test
> (which fails in GTK+ and Qt), so rather than rolling out the right
> thing to do here would have been to add it to the Skipped list of
> those ports I'd say.

Sorry about this breakage - the bug was specific to out of process
plug-in code, so I didn't pay enough attention to other build bots. It
seems that the failure has uncovered a different issue.

Disabling the test was definitely the right thing to do. I'll file a
separate bug for a randomly crashing old test that got disabled
together with it, as it doesn't seem related.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov