[webkit-dev] Frustrations with WebKit Font Representation

Gustavo Noronha Silva gns at gnome.org
Wed Mar 17 07:22:20 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 15:49 -0700, Brent Fulgham wrote:
> Recently, an update that attempted to share more Cairo-related font
> code was added to the WebKit repository
> (http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/55510).  While this was no doubt of
> great benefit to the Gtk-based ports, it had the unintended side

It was really no benefit for GTK+-based ports, this move was made so
that other ports (in this case EFL) could use the font implementation
that is not tied to GTK+.

While I agree with the rest of your email, I failed to understand the
actual problem this caused. Is it because the include path for
platform/graphics/cairo is coming before the one you were using, and
then picking up the wrong file on include?

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns at gnome.org>
GNOME Project