[webkit-dev] Questions regarding memory debugging

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Wed Mar 10 10:13:19 PST 2010

On Mar 10, 2010, at 10:06 AM, Greg Simon wrote:

> This would be a really great topic for the webkit meeting in April. At Palm we spend a significant amount of development time dealing with memory “growth” (not so much leaks). Google perf tools has worked very well for us on desktop as it gives the complete call stack showing how the allocation was made. On device, we use a lot of live object instance monitoring. Anyway it would be great to share some tips and tricks with other folks.

I would love to hear more about it.

Did any of this development work lead to bug fixes for WebKit?

Please note that the meeting in April is for WebKit contributors. People using WebKit but not yet contributing to the open source project should not attend. I mention this because I don’t remember contributions from engineers working at Palm, although I may have missed them.

    -- Darin