[webkit-dev] WTF::callOnMainThread() and re-entrancy

Dmitry Titov dimich at chromium.org
Mon Mar 8 14:08:13 PST 2010

Many tasks are just fine to execute while modal UI is present. For example,
XHR in a Worker probably should not be frozen by an alert on the parent
page. That posts tasks to main thread for loader.
Also, it's unclear if a task can be simply delayed or in fact some other
action should be performed at resume point - for example, timers
re-calculate the next fire time.

Maybe there can be a generic mechanism for tasks to participate in
suspend/resume... It'd require a better definition of the events - for
example, is there a difference between "suspense on modal UI" and "suspense
on going into BF cache"? Probably there is.

Dmitrty