[webkit-dev] Should Table Cell (TD) children inherit height?

Fady Samuel fsamuel at chromium.org
Mon Jun 28 11:42:49 PDT 2010

My understanding is that in quirks mode, <table height="100%"> causes the
table to fill the entire client window. Now, I believe the height attribute
should trickle down to the TR and TD tags, correct? What about children of a
TD tag? If you add an empty div child to a table, should it fit the whole
cell, or should it have a size of 0?

WebKit will show you red instead of green because the div does not have a
height of 100%.

Now if you make the div's height 100%, you get green.

Should a cell's child inherit height?

Thanks,

Fady Samuel