[webkit-dev] Interpreting "LEAK:" on Shutdown

Geoffrey Garen ggaren at apple.com
Tue Jun 22 13:33:22 PDT 2010

> OK.  But how do you avoid this:
>
>   No leak checking done: At least one WebView is still open.

Originally, this message was about fast shutdown. An application choosing not to close all windows / WebViews before termination would emit this message, which was slightly clearer than mysterious LEAK messages.

> If you quit all the windows you still get it.

Seems like a bug. Like I said, I think there's been some bitrot in this area.

The best way to track down this bug is probably to set a breakpoint on WebView allocation and destruction, and log backtraces.

Geoff