[webkit-dev] Initialization of Attribute Map

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Fri Jun 18 13:46:10 PDT 2010

This is the kind of discussion we usually have in bug reports. First step would be to put the bug report into bugs.webkit.org.

To answer your question, it’s not legal to call StyledElement::classNames without first checking hasClass. And if hasClass is true, then there will already be an attribute map. Calling mappedAttributes() or attributeMap() instead of calling attributes(false) is done for speed.

The bug is possibly in a call site that calls classNames without first checking hasClass. Or it could be something else. Please file the bug report and you can include things like the test case there and we can discuss the fix.

    -- Darin