[webkit-dev] Why so many text nodes in the DOM? (especially ones with just whitespace)

Eric Seidel eric at webkit.org
Thu Jun 17 14:07:41 PDT 2010

A does not follow from B in that sentence, that current memory
fragmentation means we need to strip whitespace nodes.

It would also be possible to create a special shared "\n" text node,
and have some sort of Copy On Write behavior.  Again, more complexity.
 Not sure if the complexity would be worth the perf win.

-eric