[webkit-dev] [svg] rect with invalid stroke value

Nikolas Zimmermann zimmermann at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jun 14 22:46:47 PDT 2010

Am 14.06.2010 um 20:49 schrieb Eric Seidel:

> Fill defaults to black, stroke to none.  Whether invalid values are
> ignored or treated as black I don't remember.  In general the SVG spec
> is useless in this regard.
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/painting.html#FillProperties
> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/painting.html#StrokeProperties

That's not correct. WebKit choose 'black' as default for fill _and_
stroke. We had 'none' for years, until compatibility bugs were raised,
as Opera uses black as default stroke, if there is any error.
Of course stroke="black" is only used when stroke is specified at all
and invalid, or if you're referencing a paint server that can not be
found.
<rect stroke="url(#invalid)"> will result in a black stroke. Whether
this behaviour is correct or not - I am not sure about that, just
wanted to show what we're doing right now.
Relevant code lives in RenderSVGResource.cpp, see
"RenderSVGResource::strokePaintingResource".

Cheers,
Niko