[webkit-dev] On adding 'console.memory' API (and about the whole 'console' object.)

Timothy Hatcher timothy at apple.com
Thu Jun 3 17:02:44 PDT 2010

Even if that wont prevent Sam's proposed information leak, I think this would be good to do. That way developers only see what they are affecting. Otherwise a developer might chase a red herring if they have Gmail  or something open in the background and keep seeing spikes of memory are not caused by their page.

On Jun 2, 2010, at 2:45 PM, Mikhail Naganov wrote:

> Used memory count can be restricted to include only objects reachable
> from the caller execution context. In this case, an app could only see
> the amount of memory consumed by itself, not by the whole engine.

— Timothy Hatcher