[webkit-dev] How to handle a new protocol for Blob.url support?

Jian Li jianli at chromium.org
Tue Jun 1 17:14:10 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am working on Blob.url support as defined in the latest version of File
API (http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/FileAPI/). The Blob.url will return a URL
that can be used to refer to the blob object in a resource request, like
blobdata:f81d4fae-7dec-11d0-a765-00a0c91e6bf6. The blob object can represent
a whole file, a partial file (created by Blob.slice), or a byte array
(created by BlobBuilder defined in the FileWriter spec). What is the right
place I can hook up with in order to interpret and process the blobdata
request? Should it be in the WebKit library layer that will be implemented
by individual platform or in the higher layer like what application cache
does the work?

Thanks,

Jian