[webkit-dev] review queue crazy idea

Alex Milowski alex at milowski.org
Fri Jul 23 05:04:58 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Eric Seidel <eric at webkit.org> wrote:
> I've never really liked trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKit%20Team.  Its
> always seemed more of place to brag about webkit involvement, than a
> useful reference.  I think we could build a much better "who should I
> ask to review this" tool based on SVN information.

Were you thinking of some kind of automated "harvesting" of this information?

I seems like a simple data file that can be processed by systems
would be a good way to start.  Then people can submit patches (or
commit changes) to file changing the areas that they are willing
to review and others can see/review that commitment.

People who are looking for a reviewer can look through that file for
individuals.

If a review doesn't want to get reminder e-mails or requests from
systems or individuals, they would then have to remove that
review "area" for themselves from that data file.

I would personally use an XML format ... but that's me.  ;)

--
--Alex Milowski
considered."