[webkit-dev] SIL Open Font License and WebKit

Alex Milowski alex at milowski.org
Tue Jul 20 10:52:04 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:

> In my opinion, we, the WebKit project as a whole, are not users. It’s the people who are making use of WebKit, building it or testing it or possibly incorporating it into a product, that are the users. I don’t think the WebKit project can accept the terms of the license.

In that interpretation, we'd need to have anyone who runs the webkit
tests for MathML install the STIX fonts ... somehow.  They'd have to
download and at least put them in a known location.  I'm not sure if
that is an acceptable solution for the whole WebKit project.

> Anyway, if the real question is finding a server to post the fonts on, then I think you just have to satisfy whoever runs the server that they have the right to post them.

That's the way I was leaning.  The only issue is who has the resources
to provide a reliable server for the size of our development community?  I
don't personally have one that I can offer.

--
--Alex Milowski
considered."