[webkit-dev] SIL Open Font License and WebKit

Sausset François sausset at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 08:52:49 PDT 2010

Le 20 juil. 2010 à 18:30, Antonio Gomes (:tonikitoo) a écrit :

> Again, maybe something like http://gitorious.org/qtwebkit/testfonts as
> QtWebKit does for the exactly same propose?

But, with that method, fonts should be locally included on all test machines and as MathML implementation should be testable on all platforms, all build bots should include them locally. And I'm not sure it could be possible.
Perhaps the build bots maintainers could answer?

Once again, it does not solve the license problem when fonts are included in the DumpRenderTree binary as Maciej Stachowiak said.
I think that CSS font-face is right now the only clean workaround for licensing issues.
And, as Alex said, we have to find a persistent location for the fonts.

François Sausset