[webkit-dev] SIL Open Font License and WebKit

Alex Milowski alex at milowski.org
Tue Jul 20 08:45:41 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:
> On Jul 20, 2010, at 8:24 AM, Alex Milowski wrote:
>
>> some organization should accept the terms of the license and the responsibility for distributing this font to test systems (or developers running tests).
>
> Some organization? You lost me there. Isn’t the STI Pub Companies an organization?

They're the licensor we're the "user" accepting the right to use the
artifact.  An
automated program can't legally "accept" a license.  An organization can ...

All I'm saying is that I don't think the STIX folks would appreciate us hacking
our way through their license acceptance form just to download the
fonts.  Someone
should download them from stixfonts.org, accepting their license, and make
them available for our purposes.

My question is where do I put them if I can't check them into subversion?

--
--Alex Milowski
considered."