[webkit-dev] About bypassing caches for URLs listed in Fallback and/or Network section in a HTML5 Offline Web Application

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Tue Jul 13 09:27:03 PDT 2010

13.07.2010, в 9:21, Lianghui Chen написал(а):

> And actually there's another small issue to leave the browser or
> webkit cache to do the revalidation of the freshness: when it's
> offline they just cannot do it, and it will quite possibly return
> the expired resource. So when it's offline, we will always get the
> "fallback namespace" item instead of its mapping "fallback entry",
> until the cache is cleared.

As I mentioned in the bug, the resource can be served with pragma no-
store. In that case, there will be no expired resource in the cache.

If a hosting service doesn't allow .htaccess or any kind of CGI
scripts, it's pretty much unsuitable for serving offline applications
anyway, since one needs a custom content type for the manifest.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov