[webkit-dev] HTML5 & MathML3 entities

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Sat Jul 10 09:36:12 PDT 2010

10.07.2010, в 04:49, Maciej Stachowiak написал(а):

> Go with the HTML5 / MathML 3 definitions for everything. Our XHTML implementation targets XHTML5, not XHTML 1.0.

I think that xml-entity-names and HTML5 made a poor choice changing the semantics of ⟩ and ⟨ (they used to be CJK punctuation, and now they are suddenly math). These are rendered differently. We should probably take a pragmatic approach, and avoid rushing to be the first to implement this aspect of the specs.

The new entities defined for math specifically should of course use math characters.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov