[webkit-dev] Commit Queue Love

Alex Milowski alex at milowski.org
Fri Jul 9 08:08:01 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Timothy Hatcher <timothy at apple.com> wrote:
> On Jul 9, 2010, at 3:38 AM, Alex Milowski wrote:
>
>> Being able to go around the commit queue means you can cheat.  That
>> seems like something that should be reserved for more severe problems
>> where we know the process used by the commit queue will fail.
>
> That is not how I see it at all. And calling it "cheating" is quite offensive to me. Just because I want control over when and how my patch is committed is suddenly considered cheating?

Sorry, that wasn't meant to be offensive.

It is going around a process.  That said, not everyone has committed
to using that process.  So, you're right.  It isn't "cheating".

All I'm advocating is using the commit queue much more often.

I don't have any control over when my code hits the trunk.  Somehow, it all
works out in the end.

--
--Alex Milowski
considered."