[webkit-dev] Web SQL Database API - openDatabaseSync

Evan Ireland eireland at sybase.com
Tue Jul 6 10:00:03 PDT 2010

Andrei,

On page:

  http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-html5mobile4/

I see:

  "Starting with Android 2.0, the Android browser has had full support for
the HTML 5 Web Worker specification."

Is the quoted page incorrect about Web Workers on Android? (It seems to
contradict what you wrote below).

I was hoping to do some prototyping with Web Workers and Google Gears on
Android until such time as the sync database API is available. But perhaps I
will need to limit testing to desktop Chrome for the moment.