[webkit-dev] webkit team wiki page

David Kilzer ddkilzer at webkit.org
Sun Jan 24 19:42:56 PST 2010

On Sun, January 24, 2010 at 7:09:26 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> I think deleting the areas of knowledge is a regrettable loss of information. I
> think it's helpful to give people at least a few starting points for their
> questions, because not everyone is going to be comfortable firing random
> questions at IRC, and svn blame i not a very useful tool if you don't know the
> code very well yet. Further, even for experienced contributors, I think this
> information could be useful as a guide to whom you might hassle to review your
> patch, if it doesn't get reviewed right away. I mean, I've been involved in the
> project for a pretty long time, and I can't honestly say I know the right people
> to ask for advice on every possible topic in the code, without a reference.

One possible alternative would be to update the bugs.webkit.org Component page with a list of reviewers by component:

<https://bugs.webkit.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=WebKit>

It puts the information closer to where it's needed.  The only down sides are that it's not necessarily easy to find (click on the link of the "Component:" label on any bug page) and it requires special access to bugs.webkit.org to edit the component descriptions.

Dave