[webkit-dev] XSLT serialize/parse

Alex Milowski alex at milowski.org
Fri Jan 22 16:39:06 PST 2010

I'm surprised to see that documents have to be serialized and parsed whenever
XSLT is used.  Looking at the way libxslt works, I don't see any way for
this to change.

Has anyone considered using the C++ version of Xalan?  This would allow
direct interoperability between the DOM and XSLT as well as the possibility
for incrementally rendering the result.

The performance should be better just by removing serialize and parse
steps.

--
--Alex Milowski
considered."