[webkit-dev] Anonymous Rendering Objects in Web Inspector

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Thu Jan 21 11:27:44 PST 2010

On Jan 21, 2010, at 11:22 AM, Alex Milowski wrote:

> So, when I try this with the trunk I get an error on the console:
>
>   2010-01-21 11:17:24.288 Safari[20905:80f] *** -[WebRenderNode
> initWithWebFrameView:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance
> 0x1f930270
>
> and nothing happens.

This was broken last August by <http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/46901>, and won’t work with the older versions of Safari unless someone puts in a compatibility hack. The problem will go away if a major version of Safari is released.

The compatibility hack would be extremely simple to add. Just add a new method named initWithWebFrameView: to the WebRenderNode.mm that goes from WebFrameView to WebFrame and then calls over to initWithWebFrame: — we can keep that in there until people have the new Safari.

    -- Darin