[webkit-dev] Super-slow websocket tests

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Wed Jan 13 17:34:40 PST 2010

On 13.01.2010, at 17:00, Darin Adler wrote:

> 6.87 secs: websocket/tests/frame-lengths.html

This test verifies that packet size computation logic is correct for
all message sizes from 0 to 1025. We've had bugs in this area before,
and it's hard to ensure adequate coverage without testing all message
sizes.

I haven't checked if the bottleneck is server-side or client-side, and
actually assumed that this is a reasonable time to make 1K connections.

> 3.63 secs: websocket/tests/simple-stress.html

This test sends a thousand of short messages simultaneously, and one
huge one (256K). I think that it is an important stress test to keep.

> 1.18 secs: websocket/tests/bad-sub-protocol.html

This test can be made faster by executing subtests in parallel.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov