[webkit-dev] Running pixel tests on build.webkit.org

Nikolas Zimmermann zimmermann at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Sat Jan 9 06:35:56 PST 2010

Am 08.01.2010 um 22:32 schrieb Evan Martin:

> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Nikolas Zimmermann
> <zimmermann at physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>> How about we'd start only with svg/ pixel tests? Getting SVG pixel
>> tests
>> working across the ports
>> would be a huge leap forward.
>
> One caveat: at least on Linux Chrome we've found that we get slightly
> different pixel results for some SVG tests in curves depending on
> whether we're 64 or 32-bit.  It problem could be in Skia, though.
>
> You should pick whether your baselines are gonna be 32 or 64 and then
> add exceptions for the other; in Chrome we didn't notice we were
> mixing for a while and rebaselined some results over themselves a few
> times.

I am partly aware of this problem (regarding 64 vs 32. bit) it affects
non-linux platforms as well,
the root of the issue is that Path::debugString() does NOT have an
cross-platform implementation,
but instead every platform manually dumps the path elements. For CG we
see 0.0 vs -0.0 differences
for certain paths - the whole problem is easily fixable though. Anyone
wants to volunteer? :-)

Cheers,
Niko