[webkit-dev] [webkit-changes] [52980] trunk/LayoutTests

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Fri Jan 8 13:52:32 PST 2010

On 08.01.2010, at 12:28, Eric Seidel wrote:

> A green bot running a few fewer tests is much more valuable
> than a bot which is occasionally red but runs all the tests.  WebKit
> just needs to make an effort to drive our Skipped list to zero over
> time and be less scared to use it to keep the bots green.

I don't think we had a lot of success with this historically.

Coming back to the specific issues at hand:

1. http/tests/uri/escaped-entity.html is disabled because it affects
svg/W3C-SVG-1.1/filters-conv-01-f.svg

The effect is slightly slightly different text rendering - kerning
gets disabled in "Vertical blur" text. This is caused by trying to
display a rare Unicode symbol in the former test, which magically
affects another test much later.

The way to resolve this for this is to make a standalone test case,
file a bug, and then to remove the weird character from HTTP test
output. It's not clear if this is a WebKit or CG bug.

2. svg/W3C-SVG-1.1/filters-conv-01-f.svg fails on Windows

Closely related to the above. We probably have wrong results landed,
in fact.

3. platform/mac/editing/input/devanagari-ligature.html is disabled,
because it was failing on Snow Leopard Release

The checked-in results are correct, so it's come other test that
affects it. The new results seem very wrong - the line got twice as
long. Obviously, we need to figure out what affects it, and how.

I'm going to make a test and file a bug for #1. Any volunteers for #3?

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov