[webkit-dev] Language Bindings

AS szoylent.green at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 07:49:47 PST 2010

Thanks for the info about the gdom bindings and Appcelerator project.

I'm leaning towards implementing python bindings the same way gdom did. Appcelerator is interesting, but it looks like how they implement bindings is they have a middle layer that dynamically binds the underlying webkit jscript interface to python / ruby.

Essentially, what I would like is a stand alone component that I can just host in a NSWindow, like the current webkit, and I'm not sure how difficult this would be if I used Appcelerator, as Appcelerator is more of a total app framework.

Also, I really would like to be able to access an O3D element from python. O3D looks like they use a set of python script to generate bindings instead of perl. Are there any plans on integrating O3D into webkit itself?

So, any thoughts as to what would be a better way to go, create a set it binding generators like those for ObjectiveC, JScript, gdom, and *cough*, *ugh* COM; or use a middle layer like Appcelerator. Also, would a native python binding be useful to the webkit project?

thanks