[webkit-dev] Running pixel tests on build.webkit.org

Ojan Vafai ojan at chromium.org
Thu Jan 7 17:17:28 PST 2010

Do we really need a separate set of bots for pixel tests? Lets just turn the
pixel tests on for the current bots. The only thing stopping us doing that
is the currently failing tests, hence the suggestion for adding an
expectations file (or we could skip all the failures).

I don't know enough about text metrics changes between Mac releases. With
Windows releases, we've been able to support XP, Vista and 7 pretty easily
by using a generic theme for OS controls. Also, I think we have some hooks
to turn off cleartype or something. There are only ~10 tests that needed
custom results for Vista && Windows 7. I wonder if a similar set of steps
could be taken for supporting different Mac releases.

Ojan