[webkit-dev] Language Bindings

AS szoylent.green at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 17:15:06 PST 2010

Hello

I'm looking into adding bindings for Python to the webkit DOM objects.

Ideally, what I would like to create is WebKit based application that can use Python for DHTML manipulation.

From the code, I can see how there are perl scripts that parse the idl files and generate binding files, such as those for Javascript and Objective C, I would like to add a set that does the same for Python.

From the generated files, I a bit unclear as to where the actual objects are instaniated, i.e. if some jscript created a new say node, is there a table of class names / ctores somewhere?

Would it be possible for someone to give a quick overview of what process should be followed to create a new language binding.

thanks