[webkit-dev] Running pixel tests on build.webkit.org

Nikolas Zimmermann zimmermann at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jan 7 16:05:30 PST 2010

Am 07.01.2010 um 19:19 schrieb Dimitri Glazkov:

> Are we planning to run pixel tests on the build bots? What's the
> general opinion here?
>
> We're running them over at Chromium and it seems like a really good
> idea. Case in point:
>
> Change http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/52900 broke a bunch of layout
> tests, all pixel results, and as such didn't register on the
> waterfall.
>
> I rolled out the change for now.

I'd also love to see pixel tests again, otherwhise we have to rely
that ie. Dirk & me run
SVG pixel tests on a regular base, to find these regressions. Just
checking the -expected.txt
files is not sufficient for SVG.

Though enabling pixel tests for all layout tests will be a lot of
work, as Darin already pointed out.
How about we'd start only with svg/ pixel tests? Getting SVG pixel
tests working across the ports
would be a huge leap forward.

Cheers,
Niko