[webkit-dev] DOMAttrModified events in WebKit

Peter Kasting pkasting at google.com
Tue Jan 5 23:13:14 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 7:56 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com> wrote:

> If at all possible, I would prefer to help develop and promote a superior
> alternative to DOM events rather than extending our DOM event support.
>
> That being said, this is not a strong line in the sand. If enough
> interesting content comes to depend on DOMAttrModified, then it may be worth
> implementing it notwithstanding the risks.

It seems to me that the best way to avoid having interesting content depend
on DOMAttrModified is to push forward with discussion/implementation of
alternate proposals, such as the one Ojan cited on the relevant bug, if it's
true that they truly are superior.  So I suggest that this discussion not
only examine whether mutation events should be implemented, but the merits
of the use cases in question and the alternate proposals to address them.

Do you have any comments about alternate ideas?

PK