[webkit-dev] Bugzilla flood by the commitbot ?(was: First Early Warning System (EWS) bot online)

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Tue Jan 5 12:50:03 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 12:38 PM, tonikitoo (Antonio Gomes)
<tonikitoo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Speaking of which, I also love the commit bot thing, but IMO when it
> commits a R+ and CQ+ patch, it submits too much (three) entries to the
> bugzilla:
>
> 1) one cc'ing eseidel at chromium.org
> 2) one doing the commit itself
> 3) and finally marking the bug as FIXED.
>
> @Eric, Adam, is there a way to reduce that to two or even on submit to
> bugzilla ? e.g. merge _1_ and _3_ maybe ...

Yeah, we can try to optimize this.  The one constraint is that you
can't twiddle the flags and the bug state at once due to how bugzilla
works.  In the common case of one-patch-per-bug, it doesn't seem
necessary to twiddle the flag states, so we could probably get this
down to one post.

Adam