[webkit-dev] First Early Warning System (EWS) bot online

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Tue Jan 5 10:21:20 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 9:42 AM, tonikitoo (Antonio Gomes)
<tonikitoo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Q) Why doesn't the EWS post a success message?  I like positive re-enforcement.
>> A) I'm worried about spamming bugs with too many happy status
>> messages.  If we have N ports with EWS bots, we don't want to have N
>> happy status messages.  Eric and I have some ideas for a more passive
>> success indicator.  Once things are running smoothly, we can share
>> some mocks with the list.
>
> I particularly like not spamming bugzilla in case of successful
> builds, and IMO the code-style bot should not post a message either in
> case of no errors.

I agree, but this behavior was specifically required by Maciej when we
brought the bot online.  I'd be happy to change it if that's what
folks would prefer.  One possibility is to incorporate the status
bubbles directly into bugs.webkit.org directly instead of requiring
the extension.  I find the status bubbles easier to use than hunting
for the success / failure message when reviewing a patch.

> Great work on both build and style bots despiting my previous personal opinion.

Thanks!

Adam