[webkit-dev] Increasing the number of cross-platform/port expected results

Andras Becsi abecsi at inf.u-szeged.hu
Tue Feb 23 11:06:45 PST 2010

Hi,

I like this concept of reftests because it seems easier to maintain and
scales better on multiple ports than the current form of testing.
On the other hand it has to be noted that it would apparently be much
work to create reference tests for the current tests which doesn't
appear to be a trivial task, furthermore the testing process would be
much slower than now becasue, as I experienced it, running the pixel
tests is really slow (at least on the Qt port) and we have to generate
two pictures per test if we introduce reftests.

BTW, does the python based layout testing framework, which was checked
in recently, support pixel tests? AFAIK it can run multiple DRT's in
parallel and speed up the testing process which wouldn't be bad a bad
thing in this case either.

Regards,
Andras