[webkit-dev] Webkit mipsel crashing in arenaDelete

Bharathwaaj S bharathwaaj.s at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 02:32:57 PST 2010

Hi,

I tried the same as mentioned by Stephan.

#if !defined(USE_SYSTEM_MALLOC) &&
defined(NDEBUG)

#define FORCE_SYSTEM_MALLOC
0

#else

#define FORCE_SYSTEM_MALLOC
0

#endif

I had configured with --enable-debug so TCSystemAlloc.cpp is automatically
added.

Following is my configure command:
  $ ./configure --host=mipsel-linux --prefix=<path> --enable-shared
--disable-xpath --disable-xslt --with-target=directfb --disable-svg-as-image
--disable-svg-use-element --disable-svg --disable-video --enable-debug

But now it crashed initially while loading the home page as follows:
*** glibc detected *** GtkLauncher: free(): invalid pointer: 0x5dc2c3d8 ***
(!) [ 1029:    0.000] --> Caught signal 6 (unknown origin) <--

Any ideas. I can provide detailed log if required.

Also I don't have X11 support as I wan't to support IR remote control. So we
use directfb.

I found that is it not possible to use the latest webkit for directfb
backend as it needs the window system handle(x11) for plugins. So I chose
release 1.1.8.

1. Is 1.1.8 is by far the latest revision without the X11 dependency?
2. If i were to use the latest stable version how to build without X11
dependency for directfb?

Kind regards,
Bharath
http://amusingsilhouettes.blogspot.com